We have a vacancy for a Calibration Engineer based in the Bristol Area
We offer a good basic Salary dependent on experience + Car + Bonus + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
This position will require the successful candidate to travel predominately, but not limited to, the south-west of England and work to the high standard expected of the UK’s leading dedicated hardness testing machine calibration service company.
Duties will include:
- Arranging client visits to complete scheduled servicing and equipment calibration
- Performing machine calibrations following procedures and guidelines detailed in our Quality System.
- Accurately recording measurement data for calibration certificates
- Promptly responding to any equipment breakdowns and faults
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved by working efficiently to deliver a fast and effective resolution to any issues
- Attending in-house training in order to develop a high level of technical expertise across the product range
- Providing advice, training and assistance to customers
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports
- Building long term customer relationships
- Becoming an Accredited Engineer for our UKAS Laboratory
- Being periodically audited and assessed by UKAS
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in Service Engineering, or as a Calibration Engineer, or has a good understanding of hardness testing machines, procedures and practices. The candidate will be willing to undergo relevant product training on the equipment and systems. A knowledge of mechanical, electrical and software-based equipment and systems would be useful, and an eagerness to learn through on the job training is essential. An excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously in the field, with back-office support, is required. Candidates with existing experience working on measurement equipment or instrumentation would have a significant advantage.
Other key skills include:
- Full UK driving Licence
- Willingness to travel and spend occasional nights away from home, this could include occasional international travel when needed
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- An enthusiastic and confident communicator
- Having a good grasp of Office applications especially Excel
We are always looking for talented and motivated people. If you think you have something to offer us and want to be part of our team, write in the first instance to Recruitment, UK Calibrations Limited, Unit 1, John Samuel Building, Arthur Drive, Hoo Farm Industrial Estate, Kidderminster DY11 7RA with a brief outline of your experience.
You may also be interested in worldwide vacancies with our group, if so, visit the Zwick Roell employment page.